Friday, October 8, 2010

Funky Friday, Academic Version



Listening to Professor Longhair teach some New Orleans blues piano is a good way to start the weekend.

I got some academic blues, myself. I'm taking a graduate class in which I had to give a presentation last evening. Lo and behold, the finely crafted PowerPoint presentation that I intended to use to mask my lack of knowledge on my topic was not the PowerPoint presentation that was saved to my USB drive...

Fortunately I had printed out the final presentation and could use that as my "script." I blustered through the presentation, and when it was done I congratulated myself for not bursting into tears or letting out a flurry of cuss words upon realizing my presentation was not going to go the way I planned.

Now, to find out where my PowerPoint is really saved...

3 comments:

  1. What was the subject? Nice to see someone acknowledge what PP is really for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Vole, I detest PP but am not too proud to resort to it when necessary!
    The course is "Assessment and Evaluation" - here's hoping the prof is leniant in her assessment and evaluation of my presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The professor is a powerpoint. If you want to play it right, you gotta 'fess it up.

    ReplyDelete

And you thought...