Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday Meh(ditation)

Campus is closed until noon today, so this morning it felt incredibly indulgent to sit and watch the sunrise from my couch instead of through the windshield of my car.

That, my friends, is my definition of luxury. Ponder on it a while. I pity the folks who have everything but the time and sense to sit a while and watch the sun mosey up over the mountains, painting the underbellies of the clouds pink and lilac and tangerine and gold. The dearest treasures are those that we know we can hold for only a few moments. 

There's no photo to share. You'll just have to take my word for it. And find your own sunrise.




4 comments:

  1. This brought a smile to my face. Look to the sky and bend that sight line to the Northwest about 800 or so miles...an hour afterwards...and there would have been...yours truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra time, that when you consider for a moment is not "extra" but the same time spent more wisely is a good thing.

    I see most sunrises here but then they are not as wondrously expressed as you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the biggest problem in society is people don't take the time to ponder the beauty of the moment whenever it exist.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take your word for it.
    And I share your wonder and regard for those moments.
    thanks for describing this. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

And you thought...