Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wienerdog Wednesday, carnivore edition


Everyone knows I love Scooter Pie, our darling doxie. I have even, on occasion, cooked special food for her when her pancreatitis was flaring up. However, I didn't let her know that in Portland there was a special store selling  "Meat for Cats and Dogs" -- a shop I happened to spot while out for lunch one day during my recent stay in the Rose City for a conference. I can appreciate wanting the best for our four-footed family members, but am not quite sure why they need their own grocery stores . . . . 

Then again, isn't PetSmart their version of WalMart?

4 comments:

  1. Portland is...well, Portland. Not surprised. Portlanders are a different breed of cat...oh, and dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had mixed feelings about the place, but want to go back when it's warmer and less soggy!

      Delete
  2. My dog gets food. American made food, she eats it. She does not need to become a gourmet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I won't try to understand how we've come to have excesses like this when there are so many pets that are treated as disposable. For that matter, children, too.

      Delete

And you thought...